Farm Management Services
Services range from consultation to full-time management of farm operations.
Midstates Accredited Farm Manager (AFM) possess the skills, experiences, and education to provide land investment analysis and day-to-day operations management for ag enterprises. Our experienced manager provides quality services applied at the owner’s discretion as part of several management options including lease management, financial analytics and record keeping, appraisals and real estate brokerage services.
Midstates Accredited Farm Manager:
- Has specialized expertise to keep an operation sustainable.
- Maintains expertise in land values and cash rent trends to effectively recommend lease alternatives and procure agreements.
- Practices sound business to manage production inputs.
- Has knowledge of government activities that affect agriculture including taxation, regulations, legislation, and subsidies.
- Maintains AFM designation through adherence to requirements for standards, ethics, and continuing education.
We are here to help
We offer a customized approach to
meet the needs of the farm and
goals of each landowner.
Our team provides financial
record-keeping and data
Let our Iowa & Nebraska real
estate brokers help you purchase,
sell, or exchange your land.
How much is your farm worth?
We provide Certified Appraisals
& Market Valuations.
Midstates Accredited Farm Manger provides detailed risk assessment and lease management services. The Farm Manager can supervise your farm full-time or provide specific consulting services. Risk assessment, lease, and cash rent services include but are not limited to:
- Productivity review
- Analyzing leasing alternatives for new clients
- Identifying tenants and performing due diligence
- Farm input selections
- Grain marketing
- Farm improvement management
- USDA Farm Program review & compliance
- Soil & water conservation
- Wildlife & environmental management
Our in-house team provides complete financial record-keeping and data interpretation services. Findings are communicated on a regular basis in the form of quarterly financial reports, year-end reports, annual budgets, and cash flow projections. Financial and analytical services include but are not limited to:
- Receipt of income
- Payment of expenses
- Real estate taxes
- Budget reporting
- Financial statement preparation
- Resource allocation
- Cash flow budget projections
- Annual income and expense reporting
- Statement of profits on accrual basis
- Farm data management and analysis
- Written crop and livestock progress report after each inspection
For private treaty or public auction sales Midstates Farm Management can be of service to you. Whether it is a high quality grain farm strictly for investment, addition to your current operation, or a hunting/fishing spot, our real estate broker can help you purchase, sell, or exchange your land.
Sales & Auction
After evaluating the property and talking with the client, we will recommend which method of sale would work best as well as:
- Provide market analysis to value the farm considering current market trends, location, and use of the farm
- Implement a comprehensive and professional marketing plan
- Provide a network of qualified buyers
- Respond to inquiries, prepare/present offers and manage deal negotiations
- Coordinate closing and documentation
Acquisitions & Investing
- Complete full analysis of potential income and projected returns through on-site inspection
- Price negotiations and closing due diligence services
- Research market for properties fitting investment criteria
- Provide professional farm management after the purchase to ensure success of the farm
Appraisals can range from market valuations to complete and detailed reports. Our certified and licensed appraisers can perform appraisals for a variety of reasons, including:
- Loans & mortgages
- Investment analysis
- Division or partitioning
- Legal settlements
- Sale or exchange
- Charitable giving
- When an updated market value appraisal is needed