Make medical care more affordable for you and your family
A big medical bill can be a bitter pill to swallow - one more worry when the focus should be on you or a loved one receiving the best treatment possible. One way to buy yourself peace of mind is by opening a tax-advantaged account that helps you set aside money in advance to cover doctor, dental and vision care, plus prescription costs and other health-related services.
Benefits for Individuals
- Designed for individuals and families with high-deductible health-insurance coverage
- Pre-tax dollars can be routed to your HSA through payroll deductions
- Earn a robust interest rate on deposits
- Interest earnings are tax-free and all qualified withdrawals are tax-free
- No minimum opening deposit or daily balance
- No service fee
- Get a special debit card to pay for medical expenses
- Track activity using Online and Mobile Banking
- Any unused funds automatically roll over to the next year
- Unlike employer health insurance, your HSA stays with you even if you change jobs
- Funds still in account when employees reach retirement age can be used for any purpose
Benefits for Employers
HSAs can be an attractive option for businesses that offer high-deductible insurance plans or no health-care insurance at all.
- Added benefit to attract and retain good employees
- No cost involved in offering your workforce Midstates Bank HSAs
- Any contributions employers choose to make are exempt from payroll taxes.
- You can help employees become better health care consumers
- Midstates can help educate your employees on the benefits of HSAs