Experience our passion for banking
The Internship Program is a 12-week paid training curriculum designed to expose interns to multiple areas of the bank, including retail operations, lending, and credit. Externships are also offered spring semester for college seniors.
What does the program offer?
Our internship program allows students to gain first-hand exposure to what a career in community banking is like. We participate in the Iowa Banker’s Association Internship Program, providing opportunities to network with community bankers and interns throughout the state of Iowa. Our internships often turn into full-time employment opportunities for students!
As an Intern, you'll:
- get paired with a formal mentor
- get hands-on experience solving client and business needs
- interact with senior executives
- attend social and professional development events through Iowa Bankers
- learn on how to work on a team
- develop business acumen through onsite client visits
- volunteer and give back to the communities where we live and work
- receive high-level training in areas such as deposit, operations, compliance, management, consumer lending, and audit
What we are looking for
As we look to building a pipeline of future leaders for Midstates Bank, we look for individuals who possess the following qualities:
- Freshman, sophomore or junior pursuing a bachelor’s with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Flexibility to work within a multi-discipline team and ability to manage multiple tasks is a plus.
- Possess ability to think and work independently within a professional setting.
- Interns will initially learn the role of a branch teller and will build their knowledge to get a high-level overview of lending and management.
- The overall design of the program allows an intern to return for a second year if still in school. Apply now!
- Junior or senior pursuing a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, business, or a related field with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Understanding of finance, financial statements and tax returns is a plus.
- Possess excellent analytical ability, enjoy making individual decisions and can process information quickly.
- Our best interns are eager to learn, self-starters, excel at thinking on their feet while making prudent credit decisions. Apply now!